Department of Veterans Affairs(VA)Agency
Legal Definition of Department of Veterans Affairs
federal executive division responsible for programs and policies relating to veterans and their families. The VA administers benefits that include compensation payments for disability or death related to military service, pensions and life insurance, educational assistance and vocational rehabilitation, home loan guaranty, burial, and medical care. Through its numerous regional offices and facilities, the VA serves some 23 million veterans. It maintains separate appeals boards to settle disputes involving entitlement claims and vendor contracts.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?