Deep Rock doctrinenoun
Legal Definition of Deep Rock doctrine
: a doctrine holding that the claim of a stockholder and especially a stockholder with controlling interest who makes a loan to his or her own corporation will be subordinated to the claims of outside creditors if the corporation is deemed undercapitalized
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game