Consumer Financial Protection Bureau(CFPB)Agency
Legal Definition of Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
executive branch agency responsible for enforcing federal consumer financial protection laws. The CFPB was established by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010. In carrying out its mandate, the CFPB writes and enforces rules designed to protect consumers, takes consumer complaints, promotes financial education of consumers, researches consumer behavior, and monitors the financial markets for things that might pose a financial risk to consumers.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game