Communications Act of 1934Law
47 U.S.C. § 151 et seq. | (1934)
Legal Definition of Communications Act of 1934
legislation enacted in scattered sections of the U.S. Code governing the growing communications field. It created the Federal Communications Commission and established regulations for wire and radio common carriers (as for licensing and setting charges). The Act was amended by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game