zone of flow
variants: or zone of flowage
Definition of zone of flow
: the subsurface part of the earth underlying the zone of fracture and including the larger part of the earth in which the fracturing of rocks is prevented by pressure and all deformation is by a sort of flow
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?