zone of flow
variants: or zone of flowage
Definition of zone of flow
: the subsurface part of the earth underlying the zone of fracture and including the larger part of the earth in which the fracturing of rocks is prevented by pressure and all deformation is by a sort of flow
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?