Definition of zonal structure
: a structure characterized by the arrangements (as of color or inclusions) of a crystal in parallel or concentric layers that usually follow the outline of the crystal and mark the changes that have taken place during its growth
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?