zinn·wald·ite | \ ˈtsinˌvälˌtīt\
Definition of zinnwaldite
: a pale violet, yellow, brown, or dark gray mineral K2(Li,Fe,Al)6(Si,Al)8O20(OH,F)4 that consists of mica containing iron and lithium
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game