Definition of zinc yellow
1 : a greenish yellow pigment that is usually made by reaction of zinc oxide, potassium dichromate, and sulfuric acid and then has the approximate composition 4ZnO.K2O.4CrO3.3H2O of a complex salt and that is used chiefly in corrosion-inhibiting priming coats and in printing inks
— called also zinc chrome
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?