Definition of zinc chromate
1a : a yellow crystalline normal salt ZnCrO4
b : any of various basic salts especially : a golden yellow pigment 4Zn(OH)2.ZnCrO4 used in corrosion-inhibiting priming coats
2 : zinc yellow —not used systematically
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game