zero in onphrasal verb
zeroed in on; zeroing in on; zeroes in on
Definition of zero in on
1 : to direct all of one's attention to (someone or something) Scientists are hoping to zero in on a cure.
2 : to aim something (such as a gun or camera) directly at (someone or something) The gunner zeroed in on the target.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game