Definition of zebra caterpillar
: a caterpillar that is the larva of an American noctuid moth (Ceramica picta), that is light yellow with a broad black stripe on the back and lateral stripes crossed with white, and that feeds on cultivated plants (as cabbages, beets)
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game