variants: or juruk \ yəˈru̇k \
Definition of yuruk
1 usually capitalized : one of a nomadic shepherd people of the mountains of southeastern Anatolia
2 : a Turkish rug from the Konya and Karaman regions, southeastern Anatolia, characterized by bold geometric designs and vivid colors
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game