Definition of yttrocrasite
: a mineral approximately (Y,Th,U,Ca)2(Ti,Fe,W)4O11 or (Y,Th,U,Ca)(Ti,Fe,W)2O5(OH) consisting of an oxide or basic oxide of the yttrium metals, thorium, uranium, titanium, iron, and tungsten and occurring in pitchy-black orthorhombic crystals (hardness 5.5–6, specific gravity 4.8)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?