Definition of yttrium metal
: any of a group of metals separable as a group from other metals occurring with them and in addition to yttrium including the rare-earth metals holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium, and lutetium and sometimes gadolinium, terbium, and dysprosium — compare terbium metal
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game