Definition of youth movement
: a political, religious, or social movement or agitation led by or consisting chiefly of youth or young people and usually aiming at reform or revolution ready … to join the Nazi youth movements — British Book News the liberal section of younger Americans, the type out of whom youth movements are made — Nation basic to all youth movements are a deep dissatisfaction with the existing … order, a desire to change this order— Hans Kohn — compare youth group
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?