you/one would think (that)idiom
Definition of you/one would think (that)
—used to say that one believes that something is true or should be true, that a particular situation exists or should exist, that something will happen or should happen, etc. You would think (that) the school would have dictionaries in the classrooms.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game