you don't sayidiom
Definition of you don't say
—used to express surprise "She ran off with another man." "You don't say!" —often used ironically to show little surprise at something "They lost again." "You don't say. What's that, eight in a row?"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game