yizkornoun, often capitalized
yiz·kor | \ ˈyizkə(r)\
Definition of yizkor
: a Jewish memorial service or prayer for the dead recited usually in the synagogue on Yom Kippur, on the last day of Passover, on Shemini Atzereth, and on the second day of Shavuot
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game