Definition of yew podocarpus
: an evergreen tree (Podocarpus macrophyllus) of China and Japan that has narrow, glossy green leaves and reddish-brown bark and includes a shrubby variety (P. macrophyllus maki) commonly planted in groups for hedges or individually for ornament
— called also Japanese yew
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game