Definition of yeoman's/yeoman work/service
: very good, hard, and valuable work that someone does especially to support a cause, to help a team, etc. They've done yeoman's work in raising money for the organization.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game