yellow-winged batnoun (1)
Definition of yellow-winged bat
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a tropical African insectivorous bat (genus Lavia) having more or less clear yellow wings
yellow-winged sparrownoun (2)
Definition of yellow-winged sparrow (Entry 2 of 2)
: a grasshopper sparrow (Ammodramus savannarum pratensis)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game