yellow-eyed grassnoun (1)
Definition of yellow-eyed grass
(Entry 1 of 3)
: a plant of the genus Xyris especially : any of several such plants of the pine barrens of the southern U.S.
yellow-eyed-grass familynoun (2)
Definition of yellow-eyed-grass family (Entry 2 of 3)
yellow-eyed hawknoun (3)
Definition of yellow-eyed hawk (Entry 3 of 3)
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game