Definition of yellow watercress
: a plant of the genus Rorippa: such as
a : a Eurasian perennial weedy herb (R. sylvestris) naturalized in North America in wet places and having divided leaves and yellow flowers in loose racemes
b : marsh cress
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?