Definition of yellow warbler
1a : a small North American warbler (Dendroica petechia) very common throughout the U.S. and frequently breeding in shade trees in cities and villages and having the male bright yellow with brown streaks on the underparts
b : any of various related warblers of Central America and the West Indies
2 dialectal, England : willow warbler
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game