Definition of yellow sponge
: a yellow or brownish short-fibered commercial sponge (Spongia barbara or S. officinalis barbara) occurring in the Gulf of Mexico and in the Atlantic ocean off the West Indies
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game