yellow shore crabnoun
Definition of yellow shore crab
: a shore crab (Hemigrapsus oregonensis) of the Pacific coast that generally resembles the purple shore crab but is yellow or gray often with purplish brown or black spots, lacks red on the chelae, and has notably hairy legs
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game