yellow podzolic soilnoun
variants: or yellow soil
Definition of yellow podzolic soil
: any of a group of zonal soils developed under coniferous or mixed forests in warm-temperate moist climates and composed of thin organic and organic-material layers resting on a grayish yellow leached layer that in turn rests on a yellow layer
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game