Definition of yellow leaf
1 : any of several diseases of plants characterized by chlorosis of the foliage (as cherry leaf spot)
2 : the latter years of life : old age my way of life is fall'n into the sere, the yellow leaf— Shakespeare fifty-three … the yellow leaf is upon me— Christopher Isherwood
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game