yellow dragon diseasenoun
Definition of yellow dragon disease
: citrus greening Citrus greening originated more than a century ago in China, where it was called huanglongbing, or “yellow dragon disease.” The bacteria that causes the disease clogs the flow of nutrients through the tree, turning the leaves yellow while the fruit remains green, lopsided, bitter and unusable.— Ian Lovett, New York Times, 18 Apr. 2012
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game