Definition of yellow birch
: a large birch (Betula alleghaniensis synonym B. lutea) of chiefly eastern North America with thin lustrous gray or yellow bark forming plates with ragged edges in older trees also : its strong hard dark brown to reddish-brown wood
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?