Definition of y'know
—used for "you know" in informal speech and in representations of such speech The following five dishes taste great and take no time, so you can retain your party bragging rights and, y'know, actually relax.— Hannah SparksHis vintage bottle of wine was dusty because he was saving it. Y'know, for a special occasion.— Sheryl Nadler
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game