xys·tus | \ ˈzistəs \
plural xysti\ -ˌstī , -ˌstē \
Definition of xystus
: a long and open portico used especially by ancient Greeks or Romans for athletic exercises in wintry or stormy weather sometimes : a walk lined with trees
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game