xys·tus | \ ˈzistəs \
plural xysti\ -ˌstī , -ˌstē \
Definition of xystus
: a long and open portico used especially by ancient Greeks or Romans for athletic exercises in wintry or stormy weather sometimes : a walk lined with trees
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game