xy·lin·de·in | \ zīˈlindēə̇n\
Definition of xylindein
: a yellow to brown crystalline compound C34H26O11 produced by a fungus (Peziza aeruginosa) in green-rotted wood that dyes wool and cotton green
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?