xan·thor·rhoea | \ ˌzan(t)thəˈrēə \
Definition of xanthorrhoea
1 capitalized : a genus of Australian plants (family Liliaceae) having a thick woody trunk or caudex that bears a cluster of stiff linear leaves and a dense terminal spike of small flowers — see grass tree
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Xanthorrhoea
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game