x-proteinnoun, often capitalized X
Definition of x-protein
: a fraction of plasma protein held to be distinct from globulin, albumin, or fibrinogen or to be a complex of these possessing special properties by reason of its physical state — see conglutinin
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game