variants: or wumph \ -m(p)f \
Definition of wump
: a heavy sound caused especially by a falling object with a dull wumph ice bridges we had used during the day would collapse overnight— John Hunt
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game