write (someone) out ofphrasal verb
wrote (someone) out of; written (someone) out of; writing (someone) out of; writes (someone) out of
Definition of write (someone) out of
1 : to change a document (such as a will) so that (someone) is not included She wrote her son out of her will.
2 : to remove (a character) from a story by having the character die, disappear, etc. They wrote her character out of the show at the end of the first season.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game