wouldn't you know it?idiom
Definition of wouldn't you know it?
—used to say that something annoying that has happened is the kind of thing that often happens I was running late and—wouldn't you know?—I rushed off without my purse."He's late again." "Wouldn't you know it?!"
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game