Definition of wormy halibut
: Pacific halibut infected with a myxosporidian protozoan (Unicapsula muscularis) that invades the muscle fibers and forms long swollen cysts which make the flesh unsuitable for table use
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game