Definition of wormwood oil
: a dark green to brown bitter narcotic essential oil obtained from the leaves and tops of a wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) and used as a flavoring agent in liqueurs and especially formerly in medicine as a tonic and anthelmintic
— called also absinthe oil
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game