wormed into; worming into; worms into
Definition of worm into
: to get oneself into (a desired position, situation, etc.) in a gradual and usually clever or dishonest way I wormed my way into a job at the theater. He somehow managed to worm himself back into her life.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game