variants: or less commonly work flow
Definition of workflow
: the sequence of steps involved in moving from the beginning to the end of a working process improving office workflow … this new upgrade isn't revolutionary. But it does a fine job of streamlining workflow and getting the business done.— Sally Wiener Grotta The site automates and tracks workflow as well. For example, when a subcontractor fills out a request for information, it goes directly to the general contractor, who signs off on it. The request then travels to the architect, then back to the subcontractor.— Lawrence Stevens
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game