Definition of work miracles
1 : to do the kind of amazing or wonderful thing that is believed to be only within the power of God I'll do my best, but I can't work miracles.
2 : to do something amazing or wonderful She worked miracles with the redecorating.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?