Definition of wordie
: a lover of words : logophile He also defends things that drive wordies crazy, like the adjective "fun" and the verb phrase "try and."— Patricia T. O'Conner Heard coast-to-coast, Says You! pits two teams of wordies against each other in raucous word-play and audience interaction.— Courtney Everett
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game