variants: or less commonly wommera \ ˈwä-mə-rə \
Definition of woomera
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a wooden rod with a hooked end used by Australian aborigines for throwing a spear
Definition of Woomera (Entry 2 of 2)
town west of Lake Torrens in South Australia population 216
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game