woold·er | \ -də(r)\
Definition of woolder
1 : a stick used (as in woolding) to tighten a rope at a knot
2 or woolder stick : one of the handles of the ropemaking top formed by a wooden pin passing through it
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?