variants: or less commonly wood vetchling
Definition of wood vetch
1 : a European vetch (Vicia sylvatica) sometimes planted for forage
2 : a slender perennial vetch (Vicia caroliniana) growing chiefly in rich open woodland in eastern and central North America
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game