Definition of wood lily
1a : lily of the valley
b : a red-flowered lily (Lilium philadelphicum) of the eastern U.S.
— called also red lily
c : a plant of the genus Trillium
2 : a wintergreen (Pyrola minor)
3 : an Australian orchid (Dendrobium speciosum) with creamy fragrant flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game