with (something) to spareidiom
Definition of with (something) to spare
—used to indicate how much or how little someone has of something extra that can be used if it is needed He just got there with (only) minutes/seconds to spare.He got there with plenty of time to spare.He barely made it with no time to spare before the train pulled out.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game